22 August 2021

The Foreseeable Future. . .

It has been a rather hectic Summer--if not the COVID roller-coaster, then strugging to accurately interpret the flip-flopping directives from upper management. Whatever. . . I am now a short-timer more-than-ready to take the last "freedom walk" out the doors and into the rest of my life.

I have been preparing for that day for the last 3-4 months--cleaning up my studio areas, acquiring my last splurge of figures, and prepping and/or revitalizing a slew of projects to see which one--ones--make their way to the 'front burner'. 

The subject/theme of choice is now HBO's Game of Thrones. I have been acquiring Eaglemoss's 1/21st scale pre-painted collectibles at excellent prices. This series of 60 figures was not particularly well-received--and with good reason!--and is OOP; however, the sculpture--many of them CAD designed--was on the whole very good. Where Eaglemoss dropped the ball was in the painting: "appalling" would be a kindness.
 
The Eaglemoss figures will be multi-figure vignettes of some of my favourite scenes, along with two stand alone figures: Yara Greyjoy (#49) and The Mountain (#52). All the pieces have been stripped, and are at various stages of upgrading and clean-up. I also plan to resurrect my bust of Jeor Mormont, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, though I will replace the base figure with Fan Art Models' bust of "The Lord Commander" (FAM-B014, 1/9th scale).

So much for the introductory prologue. I should be back at it in earnest in three or so weeks. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment