11 January 2023

Jon Snow - Painting

The Jon Snow-half of the vignette is now all-but-done! I decided to "front-burner" this OOP 'classic' at year-end for completion by mid-February, and I am delighted to report that, save for the face and the accessories, the figure is effectively done!

This has been a very interesting project! I have only seen 3, maybe 4, completed build-ups, and not a single one has been what I would call "fully painted".  I don't know why this unique offering has been given such a short shrift on the painting--Snow or Ghost; but it diminishes the presence and presen- tation of the vignette!

Regardless, I am delighted and the figure is on the home stretch. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment