17 December 2011

Looking ahead to 2012. . .

2011 has been a less than stellar year. It got off to a great start; but by the time I hit the final turn, the race was all but over. That is not to say that I am not pleased with what has been accomplished, especially under the circumstances; but it certainly did not come close to meeting expectations.

Unfortunately, 2012, at this point, looks quite grim. Other than Loki, there is nothing that is "jumping" off the bench at me. This could change in the proverbial "blink of an eye", but for now I am resigning myself to an off-year that might very well see little-to-nothing done.

Enough of the gloom 'n' doom. As most of you by now know, my modelling year is divided into two parts: an all-too-short prologue culminating with the annual Atlanta Show in February; and the rest.

PART 1
1) Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter
2) Great White Ape of Barsoom
3) Red Skull (bust)
These are all soon-to-be in-progress paints: now primed.

PART 2
This is tricky at this point. Loki, as I've mentioned, is the only sure bet. The rest are just simmering ideas that will more than likely not be in the running by this time next year. . .

4) Loki (Knight Models 75mm)
5) Divio Juckal (Smart Max, 1/35th)
6) Jack O'Lantern (bust, KitKong Model Mansion 1/6th scale)
7) Tars Tarkas (bust, Monster Caesar/Andrew Martin, "1/8"th scale)
8) Baba Yaga (Smart Max Nibaba ['Smog 1888'] conversion)

I will update this posting (as warranted) in the weeks leading up to the Atlanta Show; and post a revised version just after the Show.

I look forward to your comments and observations.

Here's to a productive Holiday Season & New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment