04 December 2011

Divio Juckal -- Pre-prime prep & Groundwork

It is definitely getting to be "that time" of year, so the last few days have been spent tying-off loose ends and the like.

While the vârcolac was all-but-ready for priming, I had spent virtually no time at all on its presentation: this was begun to be addressed this weekend. First, base selection. Check. Next, groundwork. If I had received the plinth included in the initial release of the kit, I would have gladly stuck with that and case closed; however, I received one of the later generic cobblestone slabs that did nothing for the piece.

Enter MiniArt. I sectioned a piece of this set, cut and trimmed it to size. . . eh voila--instant street corner. Of course, there is still loads of finishing to do, but the worst is over. However. . . since I wanted a more dynamic presentation, I had to reposition the feet on the figure. So my erstwhile "
all-but-ready for priming" figure will have to be reworked a bit more before I move it to the spray bench.

Getting there. . .

UPDATE - 06.12.2011. . . The figure has been positioned on the base, and all the "sub-filling" between the groundwork and the base has been completed using Aves AS-White. Save for final finishing--sanding, detailing, polishing--the groundwork has been completed. Back to the figure!

1 comment:

  1. Augie,

    This all sounds exciting!1 I really love this figure and can't wait to see a visual update!1 That is if that is in the offering!!?

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete