18 December 2012

The Silver Samurai in the new Wolverine outing

Earlier this year, as a prelude to the launching of my Silver Samurai project, I made mention of the forthcoming second Wolverine solo movie, where his primary antagonist will be the Silver Samurai. My initial objective was to reconstruct the SS as a canonical, albeit “historically accurate”, Silver Samurai.

That was then. While my original goals have not changed, the first apparently-leaked images of the on-screen SS have made it to the web--in spite of the studio's best efforts--and I am most impressed, to say nothing about really wanting to see this movie B-A-D!!!!

Admittedly it is only a rear-view, but the shape of the kabuto and the sweep, shape, and construction of the shikoro are enthusiastically commendable!!! And the gusoku is equally satisfyingly "realistic". 

I might not be happy with the casting for Viper/Madame Hydra, but the Japanese elements in the story look spot on!!! 

Before closing, in deference to the studio's wishes, I have not posted a direct link to these images, but all you have to do is Google "silver samurai wolverine movie", click on images, and you'll see what I'm talking about. . . 

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

PS--This is this blog's 500th posting! BANZAI! BANZAI!! BANZAI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment