20 December 2012

Notable Acquisitions December 2012

What with the port strike in LA, the Holidays, etc., I really didn't expect to have an entry for December, but I was pleasantly surprised today. . .
KITS
Moebius Models Catwoman and Bat Pod (1/18th scale, Jeff Yagher(?) and ???)

By way of a quick review, the Pod is little more than an up-scaled version--albeit moderately better detailed: a dozen or so additional pieces (e.g., separate engine)--of the original, 1/25th scale offering. It is still a relatively petite--and I imagine, delicate--model, but much easier to "work" given the larger size.

As to the figure, beautifully cast in resin; but if you expect to build it straight OOB, then think again. Don't get me wrong: the fit is near-perfect, and the castings near-flawless, BUT. . . this is not a particularly well-designed, sculpted, or detailed miniature--think Marx toys, or low-mid end polystyrene. In fact, unless you are willing to invest a considerable amount of time, research, and effort, it would be best to forget about Selina and enjoy the Pod as a stand-alone model. Me? I enjoy a challenge, and I am looking forward to spending a lot of time getting Catwoman to slinky purr-fection. The research is essentially done, and with 3-5 more viewings of the movie, I should be ready to break out the burrs and putty. . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment