06 May 2011

Red Skull (Bust)--Prepwork: Phase (2-3)--UPDATE

I wasn't joking when I quipped that the paucity of visual references of the new Silver Screen Red Skull at the moment would afford me more time to work on the bust. . . that is precisely what I have done!

In some respects the bust is just about done; in others, I can't begin to visualize the end. Mind you, this is not a 'bad thing'. . . quite the contrary. In no particular order:
  • The head/skull is now about 80% done. Both eyes are in place; though as I suspected, the dentition is in the process of being reworked.
  • The right forearm has been positively fitted. The major components can now be assembled securely without a drop of glue.
  • The right hand has been sectioned and wired; repositioning of the fingers to accommodate the cigarette has begun. Yes, the cigarette--no holder. I would have had to reposition the hand within the cuff to accommodate the the holder, and the gain was not commensurate with the effort required. Aside from the head, the hand is the most labour-intensive element of this project.
  • The Oak Leaves of the RK have been roughed-in. The Swords await. . . !
Once the hand is "locked", I will post a graphic update.

No comments:

Post a Comment