18 September 2011

Red Skull #3--Prepwork, Phase 2: The Red Skull (II)

I had a bit of free time this afternoon, and after doing some putty-work and grinding on the groundwork of the White Ape, I decided to rough-in the dentition of the RS. That accomplished, I proceeded with working-out the left side of the facial structures, such that the left side of the face is now essentially done.

I might try to continue with the right side once the head comes out of the oven. . .

FOLLOW-UP. . . The head is now completely roughed-in. Now the "fun" begins, micro-detailing the dentition, etc. . . .

UPDATE - 27.09.2011. . . I now have a "rough" of the cigarette holder. For this version, I used a piece of copper wire of a suitable diameter. While it required a certain amount of care while shaping and grinding, it ultimately yielded superior results than its brass counterpart.

No comments:

Post a Comment