01 October 2011

Oðindestroyer - The Project

If not for the inordinate amount of redetailing awaiting me, this would be a relatively simple, straightforward conversion:
  • Sculpt a bare head of the All-Father.
  • Reanimate the left arm to have it holding the Destroyer helm.
  • Sculpt the Oðinsword.
In short, something like this.

The new head has been roughly sculpted (in SSF), and fitted to the armour. Much left to do--beard, facial landscaping, eyepatch, hair, etc.), but definitely off to a good start. . .

FOLLOW-UP. . . The helm has been hollowed-out, and I have begun detailing of same.

FOLLOW-UP (2) - 02.10.2011 . . . The Oðinsword blank is now curing in the oven. Right arm has been pegged and fitted; rt. gauntlet has been tapped to accommodate the sword's tang. The left arm has been reanimated, pegged, and attached: though I have glued it in place, I am not sure whether this will provide me with enough room to effect the changes envisioned, so I may yet pop it off. The fingers of the left gauntlet have been ground off--they will be re-sculpted around the helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment