05 June 2013

Jean Vingeanne - Prep & Assembly (2)

As of this writing, I have now assembled 25% of the kit: the five pieces comprising the Legs unit subassembly; and the collar to the coat.

As I might have mentioned earlier, the trailing edges of pieces (e.g., the gartered ends of the culottes; the tongues of the shoes) are rather thick. Though these would not detract significantly if left as is, I decided to reduce the trailing edges to a more in-scale thickness. Depending on how far it is taken, this may require a bit of filling of the exposed join seam (e.g., ankle seam where it joins to the shoe). Well worth it, afaic.

Before closing, I would like to mention that I used gel CA glue to attach the stockinged shins to the culottes. As there is some play in the join, especially after reducing the thickness of ends of the culottes, I decided on the gel to afford me extended work time to ensure a natural fit with no drip to contend with. 

NEXT: I will complete cleaning and finishing the Legs unit before moving on to the Great Coat subassembly.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment