03 April 2017

Hptm. Walther Karjus--Painting I: UCing and Metallic Prep

Just finished UCing the uniform of Herr Karjus. . .

As with the first figure of the Red Skull that I did, it is times like this make me appreciate "fantasy"/alternate reality figures more than I can say: while I believe my interpretation of Feldgrau is more than acceptable, I certainly don't want to engage in a tit-for-tat with a self- proclaimed Farbexperte. . . Life is too damn short. . .

I also UCed all the blacks: collar, leggings. . . and the cybernetic prosthetic forearm. As I will finish the latter in lacquers, this will be completed before I continue with the undercoating.

Movin' right along. . .

UPDATE 04.04.17--The figure, save for the woolen lining of the coat and the fur collar, is now UCed!  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment