29 February 2020

"Gothic Bat - Haunted" - Review: Postscript

The figure is now stripped, disassembled, pegged, and mounted on its work base. . .

OBSERVATIONS:
  • The worst aspect of this figure are the incidental 'flaws' caused by the wire inserts in the legs. If there were no wire, the figure would be near flawless.
  • As I mentioned in my previous posting, the left gauntlet is finely-cast white metal. However, it is equally significant that the balance of the figure is apparently pure resin--there is no metal filler evident.
  • This is one of the finest conflations of 2-d graphic illustration and 3-d representational figure design that I have seen. It "works" superbly from any angle!  

Now that I have the figure broken-down into its components, I would like to upgrade my review to HIGHLY recommended

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment