22 June 2021

Thraex - Prep 2

Save for the left arm, the 'base' figure--and the equipment subassemblies--are now assembled!

I don't mean to 'gush', but this is one of the best injection-molded plastic figure kits I have ever built! Fit, as I've mentioned, is exceptional and precise--to date, I have not used any filler whatsoever. I have had to tweak the attachment points to maximize the fit (read: contact) of the respective parts, but such is the nature of the beast. 

Before closing, I would just like to make a few comments/observations. What do miniaturists have against injection molded plastic figure kits? And what do they have against ICM and MiniArt (who pretty much have cornered the market with regard to 1/16th scale plastic figure kits)?? I have encountered none of the assembly and/or fit and/or finish problems experienced by reviewers in my example. I will concur that the more experience one brings to the table, the greater the likelihood of an overall enjoyable, positive undertaking. BUT. . . one can say that of any project! As a sidebar note, this figure is quite suitable for a beginner with basic modelling skills who is observant, patient--and passionate.

I have acquired 4 ICM figures since 2016. Each figure is a watershed of refinement, confidence, and evinced experience on the part of the manufacturer. BRAVO!!! I, for one, am definitely looking forward to next year's projected releases; and I can only hope there is a series of gladiators in the works from ICM. . . 

Back to the bench!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment