27 November 2021

Abraham Lincoln (75mm)

I have just received Zone Miniatures' 75mm resin full-figure of our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln. As I indicated in my introductory posting, the figure was 3D-sculpted by Sándor Harsányi. It is based on a near full-length portrait photograph of the President in the NPG (NPG.79.151), by Thomas Le Mere, taken in April, 1863.

In the same posting, I indicated that this was "not the ideal base figure". I was wrong! I based my preliminary assessment on what I thought would be the engineering/# of component pieces of the figure, and the painted boxart. While the figure is comprised of 7 pieces, the design is brilliant(!), and very miniaturist-friendly! In like terms, the casting is exceptional! If this figure is characteristic of the quality of Zone Miniatures, then they deserve the highest rating--on all counts!!

ALVH v.2 . . . here I come!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment