21 March 2016

Deadpool - Prepwork: Phase I

The putty-work before me will be hard-pressed to follow any "structure"; rather it will be a "free- form" approach that will maximize the available time--and already-mixed putty! 

Case in point, I did not particularly care for the sharply defined, beak-ish nasal structure on the figure, so I roughed-in the new conformation of the mask. With the remaining putty, I began to rough-in, more at 'sketch', the back harness that bears DP's swords. . .

Most do not care for the extemporaneousness of this approach, but it is one that I have used since I started kneading putty. I find it to be not only much more productive, but it affords the sculptor the greatest degree of latitude to make changes, incorporate options, and/or take an idea for a "test drive".

More to follow. . .

FOLLOW-UP. . . Right thigh, buttocks, and right arm have been "re-modeled", increasing their respective volumes as required. 

UPDATE 22.03.16. . . The left thigh is now "re-modeled", and the left hand has been removed and supinated. Reconfiguration of the structural anatomy of the figure is all-but-done!

Movin' right along. . .  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment