20 March 2016

Deadpool - Prepwork: "Reconfiguring"

As I indicated in the last installment of the Intro, there would be a significant amount of "reconfi- guration" involved to have the base figure approximate my vision of/for the subject. To wit, I have already adjusted the length of the legs, and removed the head and reworked the upper traps. With the research completed to my satisfaction, it was time to take it to the next level. . .

Today, I have tweaked--and "fixed"--the length and position of the lower legs; and repositioned the right arm. As a producer, I can certainly understand the reasoning behind the pose and design of the figure; but as a miniaturist, it is perfunctory. . . "flat" and disengaging/uninteresting in virtually every respect. So I decided to "re-center" the figure, if you will, and bring the right arm into play. This was a very simple operation entailing the removal of the arm at the insertion of the deltoid, hollowing the deltoid mass, and reattaching the arm into the hollowed deltoid.

Now the question is: do I rework the right hand? Hmmm. . . 

FOLLOW-UP. . . I have removed the hand at the wrist and have pegged it with 16ga. copper wire. The question now is what to do with it? My personal inclination--and completely in character, I might add--is to have him sheepishly delivering the time-honoured mesodactyl salute. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment