21 July 2009

"The Wolf Man"--Wrap-Up (3)

With the new Karloff head behind me, and with the Mummy at a good stopping point, it's time to get back to The Wolf Man. . .

I made very good progress over the weekend as the overall finishing is now beyond the halfway mark. I've begun to detail the shirt (seams, button holes, stitching, etc.), and the trousers are not far behind.

My main progress since resuming the project has been on the hands. After going back and forth, I decided I would rework both hands--as opposed to doing one, casting it, and transplanting fingers. The left hand has been 100% roughed-in, and the right will be roughed-in before the weekend. The hands will be completed and permanently attached before the figure gets primed.

The only aspect of the project that has yet to be worked upon is the trap. The research is done, and the design is just about there, but I've yet to begin cutting and bending.

Back to the bench. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment