18 February 2010

Nosferatu 2: GEOmetric Design's Micro-Mania (cont.)

In my introduction to this piece and project, I described the shortcomings encountered with the base figure. Hopefully the following graphic will illustrate the salient points:


(click to enlarge)

The image on the left is one of the better painted renditions of the OOB kit I have seen (nb: painted by Phillip Sera); that on the right is the subject of this exercise. The orange areas indicate where I have removed resin; the lavender areas are where I have added putty. You will note that I have already begun to reconfigure the legs (very preliminary stages) and that the head has been separated from the torso: I am as yet undecided whether to sculpt a new head from scratch, or attempt to restore the stock head.

My next step will be to separate the arms from the torso and reposition them. But first, there's a show to get ready for. . .

Have a great weekend! I hope to see some of you at the Show.

Best,

Augie

FOLLOW-UP
With a few hours to kill before heading out, I decided to spend them at the bench. The arms have now been removed, and the right one repositioned and pegged: further refinement--and scaling!--to be done. I also finished shortening the frock, and spent a little more time on the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment