27 April 2010

MAEDA Toshinaga [1/8] - (II): Portraiture

I've spent the last few days tweaking the "catfish tail", and I am just about to that all-but-done stage. Granted, glazing, final sanding, and polishing still await, but the days of dust clouds lingering over the studio are over. . .

And now for the face. As some of you might have read in EPH, I was undecided whether to depict him in his early 20s or late 30's. I have opted for the latter, if only to keep with the prevailing Sekigahara sub-theme present throughout my Ft. Duq releases.

It would appear that Toshinaga, unlike his father, was portly--whether this was due to the [relatively] "easier" life afforded the son of a self-made man--or not, I am not able to say with any degree of certainty. In any event, the face has been "fleshed-out" considerably and is now about 70% done.

Moving right along. . .

FOLLOW-UP--29.04.10The putty work on the face is now done, and I have begun the finishing and texturing. I AM DELIGHTED!!! I'll try to post some abd ip images before the end of the weekend. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment