17 July 2011

Batwoman (Eaglemoss)

What with work, some lingering health issues, and the unbearable heat, it's been a rather rough Summer benchwise. And the "dog days" are yet to come! Still, it has not been entirely unproductive, though little worthwhile to show for it. . .

As you might have read, I stripped the Bowen Designs' retro Iron Man bust yesterday. While I was at it, I threw my latest addition to the Eaglemoss grey army, Batwoman (#81) into the acetone. This project, along with the bust, is tentatively scheduled for next year, so no expectations please; but I might as well start chronicling things from Day 1.

By way of prologue, what I received--the finished piece--was a serious disappointment. As I mentioned in my review of this piece, this has become a rather alarming trend of late with Eaglemoss. Nonetheless, I still consider these some of the best values on the market. . . provided the miniaturist is willing to hold up his/her end of the bargain.

The figure is now stripped and awaiting repackaging to be stored. Stripping revealed the breakdown of the piece, a surprising 5(!) pieces: main body, cape, rt. boot, and gauntlets/forearms (x2). It also revealed a wealth of detail and subtlety that had been largely obscured by the heavy-handed application of heavy-bodied paint!

The figure will be done largely stock, though I intend to redetail the gauntlets, and replace the batarangs, which were little more than scallop-edged rectangles. The rest of the work will involve reworking the cape to effect a seamless attachment to the body.

More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment