20 February 2012

Knight Models' Moon Knight (KMV028)

I received KM's Moon Knight (77/500) as a gift over the weekend. Frankly, I love the piece; but objectively, regrettably this is a dramatic step back for KM. In fact, this offering is more reminiscent of Dr. Doom or the first Iron Man than it's immediate predecessor, Loki.

Which suggests to me that QC is something that occurs by chance, not design, at KM. As I've already mentioned, I love the kit, and the version of MK selected ("Vengeance of" series rendering), but it is going to be a long-haul project that will involve quite a bit of re- detailing/sculpting, grinding/sanding, and polishing. So be it. . .

To date, I have attached the left arm, roughed-in numerous "sinks", and cleaned-up the resin cape. A good beginning, but no more than that--a beginning.

Stay tuned. . .

UPDATE - 21.02.2012. . . The legs have been pegged, and I have begun re-working the provided groundwork. Not much thought went into this one, but at least the core is there for a rather neat mod. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment