26 February 2012

Red Skull (Bust #3) - Intro

The basis for this conversion will be Young Miniatures' 1/10th scale SS-Totenkopfverbände Officer (YM1811--OOB presentation can be found here).

This will be a "younger" Red Skull in my canon. The stock figure is depicted with the rank of Hauptsturmführer (Captain); however, I want to show a more senior rank and am thus leaning towards that of Standartenführer (Colonel). Most of the insignia will be removed (epaulettes, ribbon bar, and Infantry Assault Badge)--at this point, I don't know to what extent I will embellish the decorations.

To date, I have removed the aforementioned insignia and "erased" the rank tab; attached the collar and die; and have begun reworking the face.

That's about it for now. More to follow. . .

UPDATE - 27.02.2012. . . I spent the evening fairing the die (pedestal column) to the underside of the bust, and finishing said undersides. I figure two or three more sessions ought to do it. Then I can add the plinth to the pedestal and finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment