28 May 2018

Daredevil - Painting III: Groundwork (2)

Over the course of the weekend, I completed the groundwork. As always, the invariable touch-ups and tweaks, as the elements of this project converge, lie ahead.

I have also decided it time to merge the "support elements", and permanently attach the Angel
to the groundwork/display base. The results exceed expectations! Now I can finish painting the Angel in situ.  

FOLLOW-UP 29.05.2018. . . While I fully intend to finish the Angel in situ (not that I have much choice now), I thought that I would mention that you would best be served by a 1:2 approach: 1 day paint, 2 days "rest"--minimum. The stains and other aspects of weathering need a bit of time to "settle". Your perception of the work also stands to benefit from the fresh/er perspective. When it's all said and done, you will achieve a more refined finish than you would by compressing the sessions.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment