15 September 2018

Spidey - Painting: Cab--Painting (3): Decals

The moment of truth is upon me. . . DECALS!!!

So far, so good. I have applied the checkered stripes on the fender and door; and--something I have inexplicably yet to see on any rendition--the fare rate door sticker (in my example, from 1980). 

Now comes the tricky part: the curved section of the roof stripes--section no.4 of the Checker Roof Kit. While this is a flattened conical section of the straight stripes, I may be over-thinking it as I have seen quite a number of heat(?)-bent applications of the straight stripes. I have already applied the straight section over the driver's window. Once that is completely and absolutely dry, 
I will begin work on the final section. . . DONE!

Whew!!!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

1 comment:

  1. That sounds cool! I chickened out with the one I had and sold the kit on ebay a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete