27 October 2018

Planet Hulk

I hit a bit of a brick wall with health issues earlier this month, and all the momentum to-date has been largely spent. Now it's time to see how to get things going again. . .

What with regaining my strength and well-being, and the increasing Q4 workload, I think it will be a while before Spidey or Venom resume their rightful places on the front burners. What is impor- tant now is to get back in the groove, and re-establish the routine.

To this end, I have decided to pursue a project quite dear to me and relatively simple, albeit chal-lenging. Those of you who know me know that Planet Hulk is one of my favourite Marvel story lines. Exceptionally well-written and illustrated, its plotline revolves around gladiatorial combat and insurrection.

Nearly a decade ago, I acquired a masterful figure that was--is!--to be the base for the Green Scar, the Hulk's nom de guerre on the planet Sakaar. One of the Green Scar's opponents is the Silver Savage, the nom de guerre of none other than the Silver Surfer. The Silver Surfer was cap- tured by the Sakaar Empire, enslaved with an obedience disk, and declared damnātum, much as the Green Scar would be.

That very figure, Yedharo Models' King of Destruction, is now back on the bench. It will soon be joined by Eaglemoss' CMFC #7, The Silver Surfer. Before it is all said and done, I hope to have the two headliners of the Sakaaran Imperial Games in my collection. . .

Stay tuned!!!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment