28 October 2018

Green Scar - Prepwork 1

My first step was completing assembly of the lower body by permanently attaching the right leg.

Most of the primary work on this figure will be removal of the decorative elements on the torso. That is well underway; however, the majority of the actual work will revolve around the surface finishing of the flesh and reconstruction of the musculature.

I have roughed-in (MS) and begun reduction of the shoulder plate of the manica, which is worn on the left-shield(!)-arm. I was very tempted to correct this obvious mistake; but as it is canon, I de- cided to stick to the sources (nb: I will take this opportunity to point out that I will be taking more 'licenses' than is my wont on this project). As a sidebar, the shoulder plate will remain a separate piece until the painting of the arm and body has been completed.

Finally, I've begun reconstruction of the helmet crest. . .

Movin' right along!

FOLLOW-UP 28.10.2018. . . The raw shape of the shoulder plate is now scaled and all-but-done.

The left arm has been located and pegged in anticipation of its removal and reconfiguration as 
a separate sub-assembly. FOLLOW-UP. . . The arm has been removed and re-positioned--pre-finishing prepwork can begin in earnest.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment