03 November 2018

Eaglemoss's CMFC #7: The Silver Surfer

As I indicated earlier, I have launched my Planet Hulk-themed 'project'. And this week I received the base figure for the project that got the whole thing rolling: Eaglemoss' CMFC #7, The Silver Surfer.

This figure, the seventh release in Eaglemoss' CFMC, was released in 2005; and in spite of its age--or because of it?--it is one of the best Eaglemoss figures I have ever seen! It is cast in but two pieces: the figure and the cosmic [surf]board. Casting is a solid B+: the only reason it does not break into the "A" tier is the board, which is ill-suited to be cast in pure lead. Given what I intend to do with the board, I will more than likely replace it with a scratchbuilt item.

The figure has already been stripped, disassembled, pegged, and mounted on its workbase. Prepwork will commence presently.

Stay tuned. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment