08 November 2018

Planet Hulk -- Intermezzo

The demands of work have kept me away from the bench more than I care to admit. But with a long weekend ahead of me, I thought I would 'prime' the processes to keep things advancing.To this end, this evening I did the following:
  •  Rolled out a board blank using MS. I am still unsure of the medium of the Silver Sa- vage's shield--epoxy putty, sheet plastic, or aluminum--but I would prefer epoxy putty if at all doable. UPDATE 09.11.2018. . . So far, so good. I've reduced the blank to its approximate final dimensions, and it is now curing in the oven.The real "test" will be when I begin to reduce its thickness. In this respect, I believe it will be superior to polystyrene; but it may be the deciding factor for aluminum. . .  
  • Rolled out axe-head blank for the Green Scar.
  • Rolled out 2 of the pteruges on the Green Scar's girdle. These will have to be finished, but it's a promising start.  
 More to follow. Stay tuned!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment