24 March 2019

The Night King - Prep 3: The Arms, etc.

As I indicated in my introductory posting to this project, my iteration of the Night King would be as he appeared in GoT S5ep8: "Hardhome". Specifically, the iconic moment at the end when he begins to resurrect the slain Free Folk/Wildlings. 

Both arms have not only been relocated, both have been sectioned as well: the right arm in its entirety, and the left arm bisected. The reanimation of the right arm is now about 80% complete, while I have only begun to work on the elbow joint of the left arm. Finally, I have permanently at- tached the figure grouping of the right hand--now, I can begin to reanimate the individual fingers.

More to follow. . .  

UPDATE - 24.03.2019. . . The arms--including reanimation of the right hand--have been complet- ed and fitted. All that remains to be done is final filling and clean-up. And a rear vent has been cut on the gambeson. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment