07 June 2019

The Night King - Painting I: UCing

LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!!!

I have completed the uc'ing of the components comprising the lower half of the body. How I pro- ceed henceforth, however, has yet to be determined. . .

There is a new medium that I intend to use: AK Interactive's Weathering Pencils. These are ba- sically watercolour pencils, formulated to be used primarily over a matte, toothy surface. What has yet to be determined is their applicability and utility on a multi-media surface. . .

Hence my quandary. I have some excellent hi-res images of the NK that will serve as my primary reference in the painting of this figure. IF the pencils perform as hoped, then this may be my first figure "painted" in pencil! If I encounter limitations, then I will apply the pencils as a textural wea- thering layer over a foundation of oils.  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment