13 September 2022

Tywin Lannister (Bust)-Painting - Oils (1)

The oils are now on the table. . . let the Game begin!

This is a deceptively easy bust to paint. . . largely one-piece, mostly polychromatic armour. HOW- EVER, the limited palette, and the multi-contact layering hides any number of pitfalls for the unwary.

I will, of course, work from the "inside, out", per usual. What needs to be examined--and considered--carefully, is the order of items painted. Thus, I began by painting the black neckband. This vital garment is the "bridge" between the head and the torso, and once it--and the neck--are dry, the assembly of the bust can be completed. 

This may--or may not--be my last painting entry this week. . . We will all know by tomorrow, Thursday latest. . . 

Until then. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

2 comments:

  1. Augie,
    Good stuff! Keep it coming. I'm looking forward to see this project progress. I know you don't post many pictures, but when this one gets pretty far along and worthy of an image or two, I would love to see what he looks like.
    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK, dear friend! GREAT to see your inspiring comments once again!!

    As soon as I get the head done, and complete assembly of the bust, I will post a few ip shots. But hopefully you will have the opportunity to see the ip bust before then. . . ;-)

    Thanks again!

    A~

    ReplyDelete