25 May 2012

King Cobra

The long holiday weekend has gotten off to a productive, if not great--long story, start. . .

While I still hope to have at least one figure ready for priming by Monday, I'm not pushing myself. I'm going to follow my Muses, adopt a 60s zeitgeist, and just do what feels right.

First up. . . Klaus Voorhees, bka (the original) [King] Cobra. The project is inspired by this panel (Captain America #367):


As I indicated in my introductory post, this figure would use the Hobgoblin (CMFC #102) as its base...


You might recall from my review of the Hobgoblin that it is comprised of 6 pieces, all white-metal: I have retained 4 -- the head, body, and 2 gauntlets. To date, I have begun rough modelling, reconforming (read: grinding); and pegging. The lower legs/boots are being resculpted (more at reshaped), and the upper third of the pectoral girdle, formerly incorporated into the mantle, is being resculpted. I will hopefully have the figure pegged and mounted on its workbase by the end of the long weekend.

More to follow. . .

UPDATE - 27.05.2012. . . I have repositioned and permanently attached the head; and I have pegged and repositioned the right gauntlet. Last but not least, the figure is now pegged and mounted on its workbase.

FOLLOW-UP - 28.05.2012. . . I have roughed-in the cowl, and begun working on the face. I've also roughed in the ventral half of the anime-like "armour". ADDENDUM - I have just finished roughing-in the cobra hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment