17 April 2009

"The Wolf Man"--INTERMEZZO

In my last posting, I mentioned that the head would require "some work". I stand corrected. After examining the overall synergy of the respective elements of the work--pose, proportions, sculpting/ drapery, likeness--the one area that failed to carry its own was the head/face. Thus, I am now about 50% through reworking the front half of the head/face! And the difference, at least IMO, is striking!!

PS--Roughed-in the foot-claws in a late-night session! MUCH better!!

Pics to follow shortly. . .

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    It looks like you are moving right along on this project. I can't wait to see what changes you have made to the face/head! I know it will be stunning!! I can't tell you how excited I am that you have immersed yourself into this genre. It's like being a kid again when AURORA'S monsters RULED!!! Keep it coming!!

    All my best.
    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like being a kid again when AURORA'S monsters RULED!!! It is DEFINITELY that!!! They just take a little longer to do now. . . ;-)))

    I've just finished restoring the left eye and it is slowly but surely coming together. I know I said it before, but the difference is striking! One thing I forgot to mention is that I've also prepared the "beds" for the virtually non-existent ("soft" cast) claws on the feet.

    Time to go get ready for the game. Thanks again, and . . . GO GLADS!!!!

    A~

    ReplyDelete