15 June 2010

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - part 2

With less than five days into the project, I am very pleased with the way things are unfolding, and especially with how loquacious this figure has been (those of you who know me are well familiar with my "theory" that one must "listen" to the figure throughout the process-whether modelling or painting)!

I've just completed the left column of buttons, and with that I can say that save for the shirt, collar, and tie, the figure is all but done. Oh... there is still loads to do, tweaking here, re-defining there; but for practical purposes, we can deem the core work completed. BTW, for those that might be wondering, I have left Abe bare-headed and beardless, dating him ca. 1860, close to the last time he would be clean-shaven.

To recap, so far I have what is, IMHO, a decent portrait of our 16th President. But what of the "other" Abe? I'm considering a 'composite diptych', if you will: viewed from the front, a portrait figure of Abraham Lincoln around the time of his election; viewed from the rear, a faceless vampire-hunter holding a grisly trophy. I am as yet undecided whether to include the axe--and possibly his stovepipe hat.

I should have images up over the weekend. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment