18 August 2010

Iron Patriot (1)

The body, as I said, is essentially done. I spent a couple of hours this evening working it over with 4/0 steel wool and re-scribing some of the "panel lines". All good. The only areas that still requires some work are the boots, and these have been puttied and are now curing in the oven. . .

. . . along with the reworked chest plate. This is still very much a work-in-progress, but the basic shape and lower transitional plate have been roughed in.

FOLLOW-UP--20.08.10

After reworking the fit of the figure to the supplied groundwork/ base--it was very poor, I continued refining the chest plate, and touching up areas that were less the satisfactory.

So far, I am very pleased with what is developing; however, some major decisions re: the leg harnesses will have to be made in the next few days. In short, given the lack of a definitive armour type associated with the IP, and the variability in the artwork, do I settle for an approximation that captures the spirit of the character; OR, do I try to reproduce a given armour from a given arc?

No comments:

Post a Comment