08 August 2010

THE RHINO -- UPDATE

Well, an enjoyable couple of hours have resulted in the reanimation of THE RHINO! The pose is now "locked", though the 'open' joints have yet to be filled.

This was a fairly effortless process. I first pegged the hooves to the legs with tin solder. I then mounted the figure on a work platform to establish the pose and determine the extent of the modifications needed. This essentially boiled down to straightening out the fully bent right leg by <90°.

I separated the leg from the thigh, pegged the two pieces together, and remounted the figure on the platform. After some minor adjustments, I locked all the joints with superglue, and allowed it to cure.

The lower half of the body is now ready for finishing: restoration, filling, and finishing. I now have to reposition the right arm and resculpt the left hand into a fist. Movin' right along. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment