02 October 2010

KitKong's Model Mansion's Jack O'Lantern bust

I was recently referred to KitKong's Model Mansion and while browsing through their Villains section, I stumbled upon "Jack" (KKMM12). "Jack" is none other than Jason Philip Macendale, Jr., bka as Jack O'Lantern, but at one time or another also the Hobgoblin and Demogoblin.

The 1/6th scale "mini-bust" is sculpted by Chris Elizardo. It is produced in China in an interestingly tinted--lavender--cold-cast/ bonded porcelain, cast in 10 pcs. The piece is ably reviewed here on Monster Model Review #65. All I would add is that the castings are pre-prepped at the factory, thus eliminating a significant portion of the preparatory clean-up.

As I told James, the man behind KKMM, I am delighted with this kit, especially as I received considerably more than one might expect from the US$19.95 srp (yes. . . US$19.95!!!!). I have already executed some mods, with possibly more to come; but these are to satisfy my particular vision of the piece and the aesthetics of a bust, and not corrective measures demanded by sub-standard design or production. Quite the contrary!

I am now doing some general work on the piece. If I decide to throw this one in the ring at Atlanta, I will soon open a dedicated thread. But for now. . .

Back to the bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment