07 December 2010

Doom's Overture

I give you. . . VICTOR. . . VON. . . DOOM. . .




All that remains to be done is some detailing on, and final finishing of, the gauntlets and arm harnesses. Priming will occur in the next week.

In the meantime, while most of the work done is relatively self- evident, should you have any questions please feel free to ask. That which is not altogether clear will be revealed when I post the primed sub-assemblies. Finally, those of you familiar with the character--or with a very sharp eye--will notice that I removed the crudely-modelled twisted "rope" connecting the clasps, to be replaced by scale chain.

6 comments:

  1. Augie,

    He looks just GRAND!! I love the positioning of the piece. Doom slouched on his throne in deep and menacing contemplation!!

    I can't wait to see the oils applied!!

    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, cher!

    I couldn't agree more: it was the single-most compelling factor that overrode my good sense and launched this maddening exercise. Still, I am very pleased with what is finally(!) before me, and hopefully the painting will enhance all the work that has gone into getting the piece to this stage. We'll soon find out. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is impressive!! Nice work Augie.
    ~Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, good sir! As I mentioned to Lloyd, you will hopefully feel the same after the paint is on. The figure is finally off the workbench (long story. . . short version: three(!) distinct priming sessions), and I will spend the next couple of days or so working out the painting vs. assembly strategy. Stay tuned! A~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santo cielo! Il Dottor Destino!
    (That was the name of this character in the Italian-translated Marvel comics I was used to read in my early teens in 197... ahem!)

    That's impressive, Augie, complimenti.
    Now, with all that drapery wrapping the figure anatomy, painting is going to be tough. Buon lavoro.

    Mauro

    ReplyDelete
  6. ::LOL:: Ahem. . . indeed! :-D

    Great to hear from you, my friend! If nothing else, your comment has made all the pain and aggravation of this project worthwhile. . .

    As you will soon see, painting will be relatively easy. The assembled figure in the images is comprised of 3 major subassemblies, the two arms, plus the "base". Thus, access will not be a problem. Making everything appear like a seamless continuum, as well as the post-painting assembly, might be something else. . .

    The "fun" begins next week!

    Un gran ciao!

    Augie

    ReplyDelete