26 April 2011

Red Skull #2--Preliminaries (2)

This is more of an update than a "new" posting per se, with considerable time having been spent on the head. I somehow got ahead of myself and ended-up losing my way around the base head; so now we essentially go for an original sculpt. While I am inclined to believe this will yield a superior likeness, it might even prove to be easier in the long run. In the short run, however, I will be forced to resculpt the eyes.

I have removed the "electrodes", etc. from the sleeves of the great coat. The right and left arms were provisionally tacked in place (CA+), and sectioned and pegged (including the hand), respectively. This step was critical since the figure will be interacting with what is being held in the left hand.

All in all, save for the cranial detour, I am very pleased with the progress to date. Unless more stills get released soon, I will be forced to put the project aside until the release of the movie as I am fast approaching the point of no return. No biggie. . . more time to work on the bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment