20 April 2011

Revenant

The last week has been trying at best--dealing with the day-to-day while feeling markedly less than 100% makes for long, hard days. It also means that there is considerably less time to be spent at the bench, which is not necessarily a bad thing. . .

As much as I have enjoyed planning and "designing" the Gaslight Birds of Prey, it is time to move on to less monopolizing pursuits. Thus the ladies have been securely withdrawn from the bench, freeing up much needed space and providing a wide-angle view of what could potentially lie ahead. In no particular order. . .

I spent a productive hour or so yesterday with the ip movie version of the Red Skull. If you recall, this will be a full figure. . . a 1/12th-scale full figure! I roughed-in the salient landmarks of the face with MS, as well as removing the collar from the "plastron" of the upper coat, and permanently attaching the same to the torso. I will hopefully have some time--and the "ganas"--to work on the face this weekend and post a graphic update. So far, this is proving to be an ideal kit for this conversion!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Mike Hill's bust of Bela Lugosi as Dracula, produced by Forbidden Zone. You might recall the difficulties I had acquiring one of its two companion pieces, the Frankenstein Monster (the other being the Wolf Man from one of the sequels to the 1941 classic) . . . this acquisition was much easier, as a colleague was looking to part with his. For some reason, the 'Classic Monster Bug' has sunk its fangs into me, and I feel compelled to spend some time with my old childhood friends. Unless I am gravely (pun intended) mistaken, I am hoping to have this one cleaned, primed, and on the painting bench within a fortnight, give or take. . .

Along with at least one of the Smart Max SP offerings. . .

Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment