10 April 2011

Huntress à la Steampunk

It should be fairly obvious that I am quite taken with the conversion of SM's Miss Liddell into my interpretation of a Steampunk Oracle. So why stop there?

Andrea Miniatures' Warlord Saga series is one of the better Fantasy theme collections on the market today. Perhaps lacking the presence and outrance of Pegaso's Gehenna series, they are much more "accessible" and "recognizable", if you will. To put it another way, they lend themselves readily to adaptations of any number of characters and worlds familiar to most enthusiasts of the genre.

While my initial approach to SP Oracle was as a one-shot, within a few days of receiving it I began to explore my options in earnest. Were there commercial castings that would lend themselves to conversions into SP versions of DC's "Birds of Prey"? Nothing really "grabbed me", but then I recalled seeing Andrea's Arlith, the Silent Shadow (presented by John Espey) at the Atlanta Show (see review here).

The main problem with Arlith is that she is a standalone vignette. This doesn't quite "fit" with what I have in mind: a tight grouping, perhaps under a gaslight. So what to do? Fortunately there is a relatively close second and that is Tale of War's Caperucita Roja (Little Red Riding Hood) as the base figure. Moderately more work involved, and probably some costume rearranging; but eminently doable.

That's about it for now. All that remains is to find a suitable 50- 54mm base figure for a SP Black Canary. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment