26 August 2018

Spidey - Prep: Cab (4)

The Checker is now ~90% done. While there is still some final surface finishing to be done on the door, etc., I began prepping the rear-view mirror and door-handle (both white metal) this evening. 

These two "accessories" are deplorable! Again, a matter of "close [not really] is good enough". The in situ resin fittings were removed and/or "buried" when I began working on the door, and now comes the time to restore the fittings accurately.

Stay tuned. . .   

UPDATE 28.08.2018. . . After completing the rear-view mirror and tentatively mounting it, I decid- ed that to incorporate it, I would have to resculpt/-model it from scratch as it was more of a dis- tractive eyesore than complement. Which in turn led to my decision not to include it. 

UPDATE 29.08.2018. . . After continued surface-finishing of the driver window (frame, etc.), I pro- ceeded with the door-handle. Using the white-metal handle as a template, I did a rough "sketch" of the door-handle, latch, and lock in MS, which are now curing in the oven. I will see how suc- cessful I was this weekend. . . FOLLOW-UP 30.08.2018. . . Phase 1 finishing of the door-handle has been concluded -- very nice.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment