02 August 2018

The Joker "TwE" - Painting: Oils--Home Stretch

In spite of the amount of work remaining, the piece exudes an all-but-finished aura about it. And, personally, I am delighted with what is before me. In fact, even at this relatively premature stage, it vastly exceeds any expectations I might have had!

Tonight will largely be an "off" night. That is not to say I may not tweak things here and there, but for the most part, I will let things settle and cure. . .

Oh, one final thing. You might recall that in the first posting of this thread I mentioned that I had revised the title of the project to accommodate the absence of Harley. Henceforth, this piece will be known as. . . Dressed to Kill.

FOLLOW-UP. . . Phase I of the eyebrows is DONE!

03.08.2018. . . The right eye is done. All that remains on the eyes is distressing and glazing. Phase I of the boutonnière is done. 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment