19 August 2019

White Walker - Prepwork 4: Coiffure

Even if I hadn't repositioned the head, I knew I would have to rework the Walker's coiffure. 

The hair--the second piece (back) of the head assembly-- is a bit too 'full' for my taste. It should be decidedly thin and wispy. Ideally, it would be ground-off in its entirety, and replaced with a suitable 'fake hair', but that is not something to which I would look forward. 

Instead, I ground-off the "animated" layer of hair, and in the next few days, weeks, I will fill the gap with MS and texture accordingly, hopefully achieving a suitably wispy look. The rest of the trompe-l'œil will depend on the painting. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment