01 March 2011

Batwoman--The Project

As I mentioned in the introductory posting/review, to date I have reduced the height of the pedestal by half, and I have roughed-in the "horned" mask à la Huntress.

The seeming simplicity of this conversion belies its complexity. There are four items that must be addressed for this to succeed:
  • the mask
  • the hair
  • the cape
  • the bat logo
The first two items are interrelated: the mask replaces the cowl, and the head is otherwise bare-headed; thus, hair must be added and integrated into what is already provided.

The cape: As it is part of the cowl in the usual BG costume, it must be modded so that it is attached at the shoulders/just below the clavicles. [NOTE: I am currently undecided: it will depend upon which illustration/tor I base my depiction.]

The "bat": Aside from the mask, the most conspicuous mod. Not only is it red, but it is of a bolder, more dominant design.

No comments:

Post a Comment