03 March 2011

Red Skull preview. . . FF #2?

Just got home from work to discover this image plastered all over the Web . . . just a slight exaggeration. . .


This is, of course, the first "high res" shot of Hugo Weaving as Johann Schmidt, bka The Red Skull, from the highly-anticipated Summer release of Captain America: The First Avenger.

The fanboys are raising the hue-and-cry on both sides of the fence. Fortunately, I believe most are enthusiastically favorable in their comments. I know I am! Yes, I will agree with some of the detractors with regard to the "futuristic" costume--a little too; and the expunging of Nazi insignia on the person of Herr Schmidt. BUT. . . depending on how they handle the HYDRA connection, and the time/storyline, this might be but a quibble when it's all said and done.

So. . . what do YOU think? Is it a "PASS"? Or are you reduced to unintelligible groans in your disappointment??

One I thing I do know. . . this image has me seriously thinking about Red Skull Full Figure #2. Whereas my first rendition was hard-line historical fantasy; this one would attempt to recreate the character from the movie.

We'll see. . .

PS--And the figure I have in mind for this conversion is on its way. . . more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment