21 March 2011

Red Skull (Bust)--Prepwork: Phase (2)--The Skull, etc.

The work begins in earnest on the skull. . .

Let's face it, a "generic", anatomical skull is Modelling 101. The first thing I ever modelled was a gorilla skull, followed by the skull of a Neanderthal. And the skull handle on the swordstick in my first full- figure rendition of this Marvel super-villain was a stroll through the park! But a "living" skull. . . with sentient character. . . that's something else altogether. . . My first rendition was good, but hardly great: not quite "bony", angular enough--for my tastes at least. I intend to address some of these perceived shortcomings on this go-round.

Very little progress has been made since my last update--graphic or otherwise. I have reworked the dentition somewhat--in all probability not for the last time--and I have roughed in the raw, dessicated musculature of the right side of the lower half of the face.

Going forward, I will post updates via images.

In other areas, the RKwOL/S is approximately 60% done. This is a stand-alone item that will be fitted under the collar of the tunic. The insignias of the collar patches have been removed and await the forthcoming enhancements.

No comments:

Post a Comment