30 January 2012

Monday. . .

The prep of ALVH's groundwork has been completed. I may have to fine-tune the putty-work a bit once the masking tape is removed and the one-figure vignette is mounted; but, the overall work is done!

Once that was done, I turned my attention to Herr Schmidt. I began paring away at the seemingly endless "minutiae" that must be completed before I can even begin to contemplate the consolidation of the five pieces of this bust.

Today, I tackled the Waffenfarben of the collar patches, painting them a Giftgrün. By the end of this week, I hope to have the collar patches done--or all-but. I also base-coated the EKII ribbon, lightly shading the folds and blocking-in the black outer columns.

I also decided that Divio Juckal will probably not make it to the Show this year. There are less than three weeks to go, and I do not feel that is sufficient time to realize my vision of this piece with but two full weekends between now and the Show. . .

More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment