20 December 2009

Monarch Nosferatu (5): Final Finishing & Wrapping-up

I am very pleased to say that this will be the initial posting in the final bench thread of this project. Within the fortnight, I hope to have the painting thread underway.

It has been a productive couple of days. Final finishing is about 70% done: the arms have been permanently attached since Thursday, and I am now waiting for the putty to cure around the arm joins so that the sleeve seam can be finalized.

I also spent a productive hour or so on the hands today: I would say that they are about 60% done, and one or two more bench sessions should wrap them up nicely.

23.12.2009
Final surface finishing is now about 55% done. With any luck at all, I will be photographing the finished piece over the weekend in anticipation of priming.

24.12.2009
I have just permanently attached the neck peg and the leg pegs. . . the benchwork is virtually done! I am striving to complete all the remaining touch-ups, etc. by Saturday and shoot him on Sunday. Priming will have to wait until the following weekend as I will be tied-up at work all of next week. . .

26.12.2009--UPDATE
Nosferatu is all-but-done (save for the hands) as of about 20 minutes ago! I plan to photograph him tomorrow, so the final pre-priming images should be up by Monday latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment