23 March 2012

"Moondirge" -- Crawling. . .

I might begin to sound like a broken record in quite short order, but I must reiterate that this is one exceptional kit! Gross clean-up, consisting of removing what are most likely the pour sprues, has been completed, and all pieces duly checked for fit. AFAIC. . . TOP MARKS!

I might be over the moon over the quality of the sculpture, the casting, and the packaging; but. . . [you knew this was coming, didn't you?]. . . since first seeing this kit, I thought to myself, "The pose. . . why pose this magnificent beast as a quadruped?" And so the project has begun. . . at least in my mind -- for now.

Tentative fitting using clay as an adhesive has confirmed the validity of the premise, and I am excited as all get-out!!! Rather than bore you with words, this cover art has provided some visual grist for the mental mill:


It's a great place to start! More to follow. . .

PS--I've only just recently picked-up the book, but from what I've read, it ought to be a good one!

UPDATE - 24.03.2012. . . The right hand is actually a half-fist, with the proximal phalanges reduced to a flattened plane that rests on the ground as the front "leg" of the tripod (i.e., fist- walking, as in orangutans). This will either have to be built-out, or the hand resculpted in its entirety. As a clenched fist is a good fit with what I have envisioned, I opted for the former. There is a bit of a problem in that the right hand, as truncated, is not in scale with the left, but I will hopefully be able to work around this and not have to resculpt the entire hand. Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment